Words are powerful. The following mind-blowing quotes are guaranteed to challenge the way you think and perhaps even change the way you live.
1) “The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.” – Douglas Adams (The Salmon of Doubt: Hitchhiking the Galaxy One Last Time)
2) “There are no facts, only interpretations.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
3) “One person’s craziness is another person’s reality.” – Tim Burton
4) “If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden.” – Frances Hodgson Burnett (The Secret Garden)
5) “We’re so self-important. So arrogant. Everybody’s going to save something now. Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save the snails. And the supreme arrogance? Save the planet! Are these people kidding? Save the planet? We don’t even know how to take care of ourselves; we haven’t learned how to care for one another. We’re gonna save the fuckin’ planet? . . . And, by the way, there’s nothing wrong with the planet in the first place. The planet is fine. The people are fucked! Compared with the people, the planet is doin’ great. It’s been here over four billion years . . . The planet isn’t goin’ anywhere, folks. We are! We’re goin’ away. Pack your shit, we’re goin’ away. And we won’t leave much of a trace. Thank God for that. Nothing left. Maybe a little Styrofoam. The planet will be here, and we’ll be gone. Another failed mutation; another closed-end biological mistake.” – George Carlin