Albert Einstein was one of the most brilliant minds of the 20th century. He originated the theory of general relativity and special relativity and after winning the Nobel prize in 1921, became one of the most famous and influential thinkers of our time. He isn’t only known for his brilliance in the field of science though, the man had a unique brand of wisdom and wit that simply couldn’t be matched. His insights on life, love and philosophy have gone on to be just as revered and useful as his academic accomplishments.
Below are thirty of our favorite quotes from this incredible man that show just how intelligent and well rounded he really was.
1. “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.”
2. “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”
3. “Human knowledge and skills alone cannot lead humanity to a happy and dignified life. Humanity has every reason to place the proclaimers of high moral standards and values above the discoverers of objective truth.”
4. “Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.”
5. “I, at any rate, am convinced that He (God) does not throw dice.”